grammar, grammar rule, english, english grammar, check grammar, grammar check, english as a second language, english class, speak english like an american, grammar help, english grammar exercise, grammar for dummies, grammar for dummy, dummy english grammar, writer, freelance, freelance writer
Because you really are.
1. If there’s a rule you’ve never quite understood, reword to avoid!
2. Proofread your writing, and the best way to proofread is to read aloud. If it sounds wrong, it probably is.
3. Know the most common mistakes (next entry in my blog, I promise).
4. Okay, I know this is oversaid, but use a spellchecker at ALL times (Spellcheckers are not 100% effective, but they’re better than a sharp stick in the eye.)
5. Avoid using regional language or colloquialisms (expressions not used in formal speech or writing), such as the colloquialism I used in item #4 above.
For more on the importance of grammar...